The new season of Fortnite Chapter Four, season four is live, and the key to unlocking free rewards lies in completing the weekly quests. One of the initial challenges involves destroying weakened walls and security gates.
The moment you select the quest, three locations will be marked on the map, namely Eclipsed State, Relentless Retreat, and Sanguine Suites. We opted to complete the quest at Relentless Retreat because it was further away from the path of the bus.
Upon landing at the landmark, we had a challenging time locating a wall or security gate that matched the description. The first few walls we demolished didn’t progress the quest, but eventually, we figured out the correct way to destroy weakened walls and security gates in Fortnite.
Where can we demolish weakened walls and security gates in Fortnite?
Weakened walls and security gates are placed within Eclipsed Estate, Relentless Retreat, and Sanguine Suites in Fortnite. Destroying these will fulfil the “Destroy weakened walls and security gates” week one challenge.
This is how to go about destroying Fortnite’s weakened walls and security gates.
- Head to Eclipsed Estate, Relentless Retreat, or Sanguine Suites.
- Locate lasers obstructing passages, we came across one at the ground level of the Relentless Retreat.
- Get rid of any NPCs and security cameras, then proceed to walk into the lasers.
- As you come into contact with the lasers, two doors will confine you within the corridor.
- Use your harvesting tool to smash these doors and conclude the quest.
Related: Fortnite Chapter 4, season 4 patch notes
In the case of Relentless Retreat, two cage doors sealed us into the corridor as depicted in the photographs, and overcoming them sufficed for the initial stage of the quest.