Joy is the first Leonin assassin in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang, and the last hero that will be released this year.
She is one of the more unique heroes in the game, as her skillset involves grooving to the beat to deal the maximum possible damage to enemies. She’s difficult to play, yet rewarding hero to master if you are up to the challenge.
For players looking to learn the new assassin hero, here is a concise rundown of how to play the Flash of Miracle, including her skills, recommended emblem, battle spells, best builds, and effective combos.
Joy’s skills in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang
Passive – Humph, Joy’s Angry!
Joy becomes angry for four seconds each time her skill deals damage to a non-minion enemy, during which she gains 100% extra Movement Speed and 16% Damage Reduction.
- The passive can only be triggered once every four seconds on the same enemy.
- The passive also grants Joy magic damage on her basic attacks, so you should also use them instead of solely relying on your skills to deal damage.
- The additional movement speed and damage reduction make her one of the few assassins who can initiate a team fight.
- If you want to extend the duration of the passive, you have to hit multiple non-minion targets. The effect can stack up to five times.
First skill – Look, Leonin Crystal!
Joy summons a Leonin Crystal at the target location, dealing magic damage to nearby enemies.
- The Leonin Crystal lasts 2.4 seconds.
- The crystal can be used as a springboard for her second skill.
- This skill also allows Joy to dash twice even if you don’t hit a target. Cast Look, Leonin Crystal! and use Meow, Rhythm of Joy! towards the crystal. You’ll have one extra dash which can be used to close the gap or escape lost team fights.
- It’s essential that you cast this first towards a unit before using her second skill. The slow effect will make it easier for you to hit your dashes.
- The skill also reveals enemies inside a bush.
Second skill – Meow, Rhythm of Joy!
Joy dashes in the target direction, dealing magic damage to enemies in her path. Hitting an enemy or the Leonin Crystal from Look, Leonin Crystal! allows Joy to enter Beat Time! for one second, during which she’s immune to control effects and can cast this skill again
- This is her main source of damage, so max this whenever possible.
- It’s also important to turn up your volume when playing Joy, as this skill requires players to time their dashes to the beat of the sound.
- You can also refer to the bear that will appear on the lower side of the screen whenever you use this skill. Dash whenever the yellow indicator reaches the last part of the bar.
- A lightning logo will appear below your HP bar every time you hit the beat right. Conversely, a yellow dot will appear if you dash at the wrong beat.
- The more timed dashes you make, the stronger the skill will become.
- She can use this skill to jump over walls.
Ultimate – Ha, Electrifying Beats!
Joy removes all control effects on her and releases the stored energy, gaining 30% extra Movement speed and slow immunity for four seconds and dealing magic damage to nearby enemies times over the duration.
- You need to cast Meow, Rhythm of Joy! five times in quick succession to use her ultimate.
- Each well-timed Meow, Rhythm of Joy! dash increases this skill’s damage by 25%.
- Hitting the same target multiple times reduces the damage of this skill by as much as 60%.
- She will also gain magic lifesteal if Joy successfully hits all Meow, Rhythm of Joy! to the beat.
- If the enemy flickers away during the skill’s duration, you can cast Look, Leonin Crystal! to slow them down.
- She cannot use basic attacks while her ultimate is active.
Tips and tricks for Joy
Battle spell recommendation
If you’re playing Joy in the EXP lane or midlane, Execute is the way to go since she doesn’t deal much damage in the early to mid game. You’ll also need to hunt down kills, for she benefits from having her first two core items as quickly as possible.
Retribution is another good battle spell for her since she can be played in the jungle. Upgrade it to Ice Retribution for the movement speed debuff to enemy heroes, which works well with her mobility skills. It can also act as an escape tool whenever you fail to hit your second skill.
Recommended emblem set
Since Joy’s skills scale with magic damage, going for the mage emblem tree is recommended. Go for the Magic Worship talent to gain burn damage whenever you cast a skill on a target three times. It will be easy to proc the talent’s effect, considering that all of her skills have low cooldowns.
Make sure to go for the extra movement speed and magic penetration sub-talents.
Recommended item build
As an assassin, building offensive items such as Genius Wand and Glowing Wand first is crucial in the early parts of the game. Going for Concentrated energy or Holy Crystal is also a good choice if you have farmed enough gold in the first 10 minutes.
She tends to fall off in the late game once everyone has a full item build, and is susceptible to getting one-shotted.
If the game goes past the 20-minute mark, opt for defensive items such as Brute Force Breastplate, Oracle, or Immortality, depending on the enemy composition.
Recommended best build for Joy in Mobile Legends
- Tough Boots
- Genius Wand
- Concentrated Energy
- Glowing Wand
- Brute Force Breastplate
- Divine Glaive
Easy combos to learn
In the laning phase, hide behind a bush and cast your first skill on the enemy whenever they get close. Once the target is slowed, cast the Meow, Rhythm of Joy! five times before activating your Execute battle spell.
Once you reach level four, make sure to hit all your second skills to the beat to deal maximum damage with your ultimate, Ha, Electrifying Beats!
You can also surprise your enemies by placing a Leonin Crystal inside a bush and dashing toward that to begin the minigame.
Since you’ll have an extra dash upon reaching the crystal, you can dash again, this time toward an enemy hero. By this time, you’ll only need four more dashes to activate the ultimate, surprising enemies who have not seen the first dash inside the bush.
It’s important that you crank the volume up when playing Joy, as that’s the best way to time your dashes to the rhythm without having to constantly look at the indicator below the screen.
Follow ONE Esports on Facebook for MLBB news, updates, and guides.
READ MORE: The 3 best heroes to counter Gusion in Mobile Legends