24.10.2022: Alejandro Sanchez and Kevin Ellis Jr. record a second consecutive win on the virtual Laguna Seca circuit.
Jamie Fluke and Yohann Harth finish second to complete the one-two result for the Apex Racing Team.
R8G Esports prevails over opening
• Alejandro Sanchez and Kevin Ellis Jr. record a second consecutive win on the virtual Laguna Seca circuit.
• Jamie Fluke and Yohann Harth finish second to complete the one-two result for the Apex Racing Team.
• R8G Esports prevails over opening-day winner SimRC in the Touring Car category.
The Apex Racing Team remains the team of the hour at the halfway point of the season in the IMSA Esports Global Championship powered by VCO.
The duo of Alejandro Sanchez / Kevin Ellis Jr. repeated their outstanding performance from the season-opener to record another commanding victory at the virtual WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca. The Apex Racing Team celebrated a one-two result in the Porsche 911 GT3 R, thanks to second place for Jamie Fluke and Yohann Harth.
Team Redline crossed the line in third place. In the Touring Car category, this time Florian Lebigre and Valentin Mandernach from R8G Esports prevailed in the Honda Civic Type R. Second place went to the opening-day winners from SimRC.
Two safety car periods – the first of the season – turned the 2:40-hour race into a thrilling battle of strategies. Some teams gambled on fuel, hoping to reach the finish line without an additional stop. Those included the KOVA Team, leading in the #7 BMW M4 GT3 before having to make another fuel stop just minutes from the end. They secured seventh place. Both Apex Racing Team crews relied on their good speed, as they chose not to experiment with strategies and crossed the line with a substantial lead.
In the Touring Car category, the opening-day winners from SimRC headed the field during the first half of the race. However, R8G Esports moved into first place after the pit stops and did not look likely to surrender that position. Third place went to Semper Racing.
Overview of the IMSA Esports Global Championship:
16th October 2022, Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta 23rd October 2022, WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca 6th November 2022, Indianapolis Motor Speedway 20th November 2022, Daytona International Speedway
Reactions from the winners:
Kevin Ellis Jr. (Apex Racing Team, overall winner): “I drove at the start this time, which made my preparations a bit more stressful, but it went well. I stayed out of everything and completed a clean stint. The second safety car period was a bit confusing and we weren’t entirely sure whether we should stop for more fuel or not. We decided to do that as things took longer, and that paid off in the end.”
Alejandro Sanchez (Apex Racing Team, overall winner): “Kevin handed the car over to me in a very good position. I just had to make it safely through the traffic and wait until the others pitted for fuel. That worked very well. I am very pleased with our second win in two races.”
Valentin Mandernach (R8G Esports, Touring Car class winner): “I gave it everything after the safety car and tried to take the lead. I saw my chance when the car in front of us was overtaken by a GTD car, and used that moment.”
Florian Lebigre (R8G Esports, Touring Car class winner): “For our class, it is unbelievably difficult to deal with GTD cars that are so much faster on a tight track like Laguna Seca. We have two spotters to help us when being lapped. Nonetheless, it’s still really stressful and I am pleased that we got through it this time.”
ALEXANDER MEY photos @VCOESPORTS
Lamborghini Esports announces the winners of the third edition of The Real Race
The Real Race 2022 annual competition ended this weekend; Lamborghini confirms its status as a major actor in the sim-racing industry
Lamborghini Esports has announced the winners of the third edition of its annual sim-racing competition: The Real Race 2022 more >>
Apex Racing Team dominates the premiere of IMSA Esports Global Championship powered by VCO
• Victory in the first of four races in this season’s IMSA Esports Global Championship powered by VCO goes to Alejandro Sanchez and Kevin Ellis Jr.• Mercedes-AMG URANO and Williams Esports Razer finish second and third overall. more >>
Participants decided for ERWC II – Team Redline wins ERL Fall Cup 3 on RFactor 2
• Team Redline dominated the third round of the ERL Fall Cup on the rFactor 2 platform, prevailing over Williams Esports in the finale.• Ahead of the ERL Fall Cup Masters, the twelve qualifying teams for ERWC II have been decided.• The ERL Fall Cup Masters takes place on 2nd November on the iRacing platform – ERWC II c more >>
A brand-new base for Alfa Romeo F1 Team ORLEN Esports: introducing the Sauber Esports Arena
Sauber Motorsport unveiled the Sauber Esports Arena, a brand-new home for the team to host all its esports activities. Situated within the team’s headquarters in Hinwil, Switzerland, at the heart of its operations, the more >>
Podium finishes in virtual motorsport
In the world of virtual racing, Mercedes-AMG Motorsport again made it onto the podium last weekend. In the Le Mans Virtual Series, which staged its second race of the season over four hours at the Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Mercedes-AMG Team Williams Espor more >>
Quadrant revealed as Halo Championship Series partner
Quadrant’s partnership with the Halo Championship Series forms part of 343 Industries’ Halo partnership programme, and will include in-game Quadrant skins and unlockables.Quadrant has today (Thursday 29th September) revealed it will become a partnered team within more >>
Alpine Esports starts its F1 season and Collin Spork sets the fastest lap in Le Mans 8 Hours of Bahrain
16-year-old driver Luke Smith debuted in round 3 of the F1 Series, finishing 10th place and earning his first point of the series Collin Spork set the fastest lap in the LMP category of Le Mans Virtual Series’ 8 Hours of Bahrain with an impressive lap time of 1:42.606 more >>
International Porsche Esports Series starts second qualifying round for 2023
2023 Porsche TAG Heuer Esports Supercup, Contender Series
• 34 sim racers compete for the 15 remaining grid spots in the 2023 Porsche TAG Heuer Esports Supercup (PESC) on iRacing• & more >>
Motorsport UK launches 2022 ROKiT British F4 Esports Championship
Motorsport UK is excited to announce that the first ever ROKiT British F4 Esports Championship will commence this October, with a 12-round series to decide the inaugural British Esports title in the discipline.Teams of two will battle for a sh more >>
Apex Racing Team wins first event in the ERL Fall Cup on iRacing
• The Apex Racing Team wins the first edition of the ERL Fall Cup on the iRacing simulation platform.• Team Redline loses out in the finale.• In the first of a total of three editions of the ERL Fall Cup, the teams scored important points for ERWC II participation in February 2023. more >>
The excitement of the SBK Championship comes back with SBK22
Milestone marks its return in the SBK world after 10 years, launching SBK22 today.Milestone and Dorna WSBK Organization S.r.l today release SBK22, brand-new chapter of one of the most iconic and celebrated franchise in the racing game genre, on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and Steam.   more >>
The Le Mans Virtual Series 2022-2023 Key Dates
8 Hours of Bahrain – 17th September 4 Hours of Monza – 8th October 6 Hours of Spa Francorchamps – 5th November 500 Miles of Sebring – 3rd December & more >>
Alpine Esports to participate in Le Mans Virtual Series 2022-2023
Alpine Esports is excited to share that it will be participating in the Le Mans Virtual Series 2022-2023 alongside some of the biggest automotive manufacturers and sim racing teams in the world. The first race will officially kick off on Saturday 17th September with 8 Hours of Bahrain. more >>
Toyota GAZOO Racing MENA ESPORTS CUP National Qualifiers Conclude This Month
As talented digital racers in Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Mauritania compete for spots in the finals The national qualifiers of the 2022 Toyota GAZOO Racing MENA ESPORTS CUP – which is officially sponsored by To more >>
ERL Summer Cup Masters – Team Redline takes overall victory on the rFactor 2 sim platform
• Team Redline drivers Kevin Siggy, Enzo Bonito and Jeffrey Rietveld were unbeatable in the final event of the ERL Summer Cup.• The trio receives 3,500 US dollars in prize money for its Masters triumph.• A total of twelve more >>
Baldwin emerges from rain-soaked Monza finale as two-time Mobileye GT World Challenge Europe Esports champion
• Consistency counts as Veloce McLaren ace successfully defends European title • Gronewald scuppered by late penalty, heartbreak for McCormack • Blajer takes dominant Silver crown with another win more >>
Four drivers, one champion: Mobileye GT World Challenge Europe Esports primed for title-deciding Monza showdown
• Dáire McCormack, James Baldwin, Tobias Gronewald and David Tonizza chasing European title • Dominant Dominik Blajer on course to complete Silver sweep after taking four wins from four more >>
Legendary Spa-Francorchamps awaits Fanatec Esports GT Pro Series racers, entries, standings and livestream
• Sim star Baldwin joins Silver Cup field• Provisional entry list hereChampionship standings more >>
Toyota GAZOO Racing MENA ESPORTS CUP unveils 2022 official qualifiers calendar
Organizers of the Toyota GAZOO Racing MENA ESPORTS CUP – which is officially sponsored by Toyota Motor Corporation, represented by Toyota GAZOO Racing, to keep pace with the evolving global esports and virtual car racing landscape – have announced the national qualifiers calendar for 2022, which is set to span multiple countries across the region between July and August. more >>
CrowdStrike Racing Extends Championship Leads at The Glen
· Four victories in six SRO America races for CrowdStrike Racing program· George Kurtz, Colin Braun score overall win, runner-up in GT World Challenge America· Two race wins and pole positions for Kurtz in GT America· Boehm takes fifth TC win and runner-up in CrowdStrike/AWS HPD Civic more >>
Top sim racers set for Spa-Francorchamps showdown at SRO Esports Racing Night
• Prestigious esports contest to take place on-site during TotalEnergies 24 Hours of Spa • Top finishers in Assetto Corsa Competizione race to share €14, more >>
Preview, Qualifying Series for the 2023 Porsche TAG Heuer Esports Supercup (PESC)
2023 season: Qualification begins for Porsche global esports series Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (Esports), Porsche TAG Heuer Esports Supercup Contender Series 2022, Hockenheim (D)• Start of the first selection r more >>
Maiden win for GTWR Esports in round three of ERL Summer Cup on the ACC platform
• GTWR Esports records first ERL overall win, while the big favourites struggle on the Assetto Corsa Competizione platform.
• Previously dominant, Team Redline and Unicorns of Love exit in quarter-final and semi-final. more >>
Next Level Racing® becomes official cockpit partner of the Virtual Competition Organization
• Strong partnership between VCO and Next Level Racing® in Esports racing.• VCO presents the range of products from Next Level Racing®, Esports racing fans can look forward to some attractive prize draws.• Haasper: “Its powerful presence in Esports racing makes Next Level Racing® the perfect Cockpit Partner for t more >>
World-Class Toyota Gazoo Racing MENA ESPORTS CUP Returns during 2022
As MENA qualifiers advance contestants to the championship’s regional finals, paving the way to global recognitionA new and improved Toyota Gazoo Racing MENA ESPORTS CUP is returning during 2022, blazing the trail to global stardom for driving s more >>
Apex Racing Team wins round 2 of the ERL Summer Cup on the iRacing platform
• Apex Racing Team breaks Team Redline’s dominance on iRacing with a 2-0 victory in the final.• A crash and the ensuing penalty against Team Redline decide second race of the final.• 27 teams went head to head in the virtual Dalla more >>
Stoner Car Care Colors Carried by iRacing
Premier online racing simulation platform utilizes iconic Stoner Car Care and Invisible Glass liveries on new Aston Martin Vantage GT4s in its latest build cycleStoner Car Care Rac more >>
VCO Grand Slam: Mahle Racing Team and Williams Esports win the iRacing Watkins Glen 6h
• Second event of this season’s VCO Grand Slam ends with a thrilling three-way battle for overall victory.
• MAHLE RACING TEAM clinches a narrow victory in the virtual LMP2 car, ahead of Williams E more >>
Team Redline wins first event of the ERL Summer Cup on rFactor 2
• Team Redline once again lived up to its top billing on the rFactor 2 platform.• The thrilling finale against R8G Esports went the full distance.• A total of 25 teams competed in the first event of the ERL Summer Cup, with 2,750 US dollars in prize money up for grabs.
Next season of the Porsche TAG Heuer Esports Supercup kicks off in July
The Porsche TAG Heuer Esports Supercup will contest its fifth season in 2023. The 15 best-placed drivers from the 2022 season automatically receive a grid spot for next year. The remaining places in the Porsche one-make cup run on t more >>
Driver impressions after the Porsche TAG Heuer Esports Supercup 2022 Monza race – results
Porsche TAG Heuer Esports Supercup 2022Round 10, Monza (I)
Diogo C. Pinto (P/Porsche24 Team Redline): “That was a crazy season. I wanted to put in a consistent performance and lose as few point more >>
Diogo C. Pinto secures Porsche TAG Heuer Esports Supercup 2022 title with two tactically clever races
Porsche TAG Heuer Esports Supercup 2022Round 10, Monza (I)
Diogo C. Pinto is the newly-crowned champion of the 2022 Porsche TAG Heuer Esports Supercup. Der Portuguese sim racer tackled the season finale at the Autodromo more >>
Unicorns of Love win ERL Spring Cup Masters after dramatic finale against Veloce Esports
• Hot favourites Unicorns of Love prevail at the ERL Spring Cup Masters on the sim platform Assetto Corsa Competizione.• Thrilling finale against Veloce Esports goes the full distance.• Twelve teams faced off in direct duels, battling more >>
VCO INFINITY statistics
VICTORIES BY TEAM:VRS COANDA 8Team Redline 5URANO eSports 3R8G eSports 2Apex Racing Team 2WAS COOKIN Racing Adve more >>
VCO Infinity – Team Redline wins spectacular premiere on new esports racing concept
• The inaugural VCO INFINITY sees the best Esports racing teams in the world compete in 24 races in one day.• Team Redline wins a thrilling final against URANO eSports on the iRacing platform.• Florian Haasper: “Thank you to more >>
Porsche TAG Heuer Esports Supercup -Victories for Sebastian Job and Charlie Collins in the Green Hell
Race, Porsche TAG Heuer Esports Supercup 2022, Round 8, Nürburgring-Nordschleife (D):The British sim racers Sebastian Job from Oracle Red Bull Racing Esports and Charlie Collins from the VRS team were celebrated as the round 8 winners of the Porsche T more >>
Lamborghini launches the third season of The Real Race and a place in official Esports team
The Real Race, the competition coordinated by Lamborghini Esports, returns for a third edition for sim drivers from all over the worldLamborghini Esports is proud to present the third edition of its virtual competition, The Real Race, which returns this year more >>
The Alpine Esports Series Championship kicks off on April 28th, entry list and livestream
After two weeks of intense and exciting qualifier sessions which saw over 3000 signups, the 30 fastest drivers have been selected and will battle it out across six races in the Alpine Esports Series Championship. Powered by the Binance Fan Token Platform, there will be $100,000 USD in Alpine Fan Tokens up for grabs across the compet more >>
Global Esports Federation announces South American Esports Championships in Asunción, Paraguay
GEFestival set for the South American Youth Games in Rosario, Argentina
The Global Esports Federation is set to stage the first-ever South American Esports Championships in parallel more >>